Student Eligibility and Requirements
Eligibility for UROP is limited to first and second year undergraduates of all majors who are interested in hands-on learning outside the classroom. For the Fall 2013 – Spring 2014 academic year, we will only accept less than 200 students, so UROP is highly competitive. Your application takes into account more than just GPA and test scores, so we encourage everyone who is interested to apply.
UROP students will:
- Commit to an entire academic year (Fall-Spring) of participation in UROP.
- Participate in a biweekly Colloquium class to facilitate their understanding of research and their faculty assistantships. This Colloquium will include basic topics like what “research” is, approaches to research in your discipline, how to conduct ethical research, and how to present research.
- Meet with their UROP Leader to orient their selection of a faculty project and give ongoing support throughout their UROP experiences.
- Work 5-10 hours each week as assistants to their Research Sponsors.
- Present at the Spring Research Symposium
For questions regarding UROP, please contact Dr. Joe O'Shea, Director, Office of Undergraduate Research, at firstname.lastname@example.org.